Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Meet Beach Comber Bob















This is Beach Comber Bob, at least that's what he told me to call him. He is a long time resident of Santa Monica Beach in California. I heard him yelling before I even saw him. He was hobbling around with his cane, shuffling along the beach in his socks, yelling at birds and grunting to himself. it was all very interesting because he seemed to have a method to his chaos. i started talking to him and he opened up to me. telling me that he hurt his leg long ago and now he sympathizes with the seagulls with only one or no legs. i looked around and understood what he was talking about, nearly a fourth of the seagulls were injured, i never would have noticed. he comes to the beach 5 to 6 times a week but he only feeds the hurt seagulls, the rest he yells at and shoos them away becuase they tend to bully the hurt seagulls and take their food. Beach Comber Bob left me with some great advice, first of all "don't limit yourself by getting into debt" and second of all " do what makes you happy. don't wait to follow your dreams. there's just no point in wasting time like that."

No comments:

Post a Comment